After viewing the speech by Mohammad Yunus, founder of the Grameen Bank and 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner, answer the following questions:
1. How are conventional banks different than the Grameen Bank?
2. Why do they lend primarily to women and what is the poverty reduction strategy in doing so?
3. Why do people pay back the money if the people are not punished for not repaying?
4. Profit maximization is the only type of business that is presented. Why is Mohammad Yunus uncomfortable” with this idea?
5. Carefully explain the other business-type Yunus proposes? Provide examples.
The following video describes the Grameen Phone Company and a phone lady.
6. What is the impact to the family when the money enters the household through the phone lady?
How would money impact your family if it entered through your mother, or the female-householder?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."