IT planning and strategy
During this session, we looked at several topics on Strategic IT planning and strategy. We examined researchers, models, and issues in the area, and as you get closer to starting your own dissertation, you will need to choose a topic in your first dissertation class DSRT-736, so it is essential to start preparing.
This week, let us take a look at some topics to consider, and by the end of the week, we could have several ideas for dissertation topics. Since you have already examined several research articles, another way would be to examine previous dissertations in these areas. Visit the University library, go to the Dissertation Database, and locate an interesting topic on IT Strategy, or examine a model presented this term. Here are some pointers that will help critically evaluate some viable topics.
Is the topic attainable for a first-time dissertation student?
Is the problem rooted in the literature?
Is the research empirical, i.e., is there a survey, is there an interview guide, has the data been analyzed via some statistical tool?
Is there a theoretical model or framework discussed?
Discuss the topic, the problem the model has been used in the research, and any present findings.
Do not read the entire dissertation, as the abstract and chapter one introduction should give a clear understanding of the research.
Please make your initial post and two response posts substantive. A substantive post will do at least two of the following:
- Ask an interesting, thoughtful question pertaining to the topic
- Answer a question (in detail) posted by another student or the instructor
- Provide extensive additional information on the topic
- Explain, define, or analyze the topic in detail
- Share an applicable personal experience
- Provide an outside source that applies to the topic, along with additional information about the topic or the source (please cite properly in APA)
- Make an argument concerning the topic.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."