he LGBTQ+ community is a diverse group encompassing people of all genders, races, ages, religions,
he LGBTQ+ community is a diverse group encompassing people of all genders, races, ages, religions, socioeconomic classes, abilities, and backgrounds. Often there are misunderstandings and preconceived notions about this population that can impede the counseling relationship. Counselors must understand their clients cultural and social identities to enhance the efficacy of counseling treatment with these individuals.
Please select one of the following videos from the University Library:
- Counseling gay and lesbian people of color: Multiple identities: Part 1
- Counseling gay and lesbian people of color: Multiple identities: Part 2
Respond to the following in a minimum of 175 words:
- In what ways do the clients social and cultural identities contribute to their experience?
- How might you tailor your counseling approach to effectively address clients concerns in the context of their gender and sexual orientation?
- How might you understand the clients experience from a culturally sensitive and validating perspective?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."