Since ratification of the U.S. Constitution, relations among stategovernments and the national government have grown to be much moreinterdependent. Whereas states once enjoyed greater autonomy (dualfederalism), the additional demands placed on government (at all levels)has fostered an evolution of federalism, whereby the federal governmentnow plays a much more pronounced role in local and state affairs, withrespect to a whole host of issues (including healthcare, education,public safety, transportation, etc.).
- Describe block grants, categorical grants, and unfunded mandates. How do they demonstrate fiscal federalism?
- Explain which funding mechanism states prefer. Why? Which funding mechanism does the federal government prefer? Why?
- Describe how both state and federal governments participate in the provision of medical care to low-income residents.
- InArizona, low-income residents receive healthcare coverage through theArizona Health Care Cost Containment System (AHCCCS). How is AHCCCSfunded (e.g., categorical grants)? What are the eligibilityrequirements, and who sets them? How do the basic conditions set by thefederal government constrain AHCCCS?
- Assess the effectiveness of federal aid to state and local communities, particularly as it relates to healthcare coverage.Use two to three scholarly resources to support your explanations. Preparethis assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA StyleGuide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is notrequired. This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubricprior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with theexpectations for successful completion.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."