Everyone has seen them-children misbehaving in a public place while the parents sit idly by, playing on their phone or just simply ignoring the behavior. In this week’s lessons, you learned about classical conditioning, operant conditioning, and modeling and the difference between discipline and punishment.
- First view this video of a child who is being ignored and is exhibiting inappropriate behavior in a public place.
- Review this brief article summarizing classical and operant conditioning principles.
- Then, based on this exercise, address the following points in your discussion with your peers:
- Discuss a plan that you would create to modify the child’s behavior using one of the theories from this week’s topics: classical or operant conditioning.
- Explain why the techniques you selected (for example, positive or negative reinforcement, positive or negative punishment, or some specified combination of these) would work best in this situation.
- Discuss the role each of the two parents in the video would play in creating and implementing this plan to change the inappropriate behavior.
- When replying to at least 2 peers, consider finding common experiences and suggesting additional strategies to change the child’s behavior for the long term.
Bridget Johanning. (2014, March 5). Misbehaving child while parents text [Video file]. Retrieved from
Khan Academy. (2020). Classical and operant conditioning article. https://www.khanacademy.org/test-prep/mcat/behavio…
When writing your posts, mention ideas or strategies from the assigned readings, videos, or intellipath® lessons. This will help you write better posts, and it is a required part of this assignment.
Discussion Board Reminders:
- Must have three posts: A Main Post and two replies to peers.
- First post: Either your main post or a reply to others must be posted before midnight CT (Central time) on Friday of each week.
- Second and third post: Must be posted on a different day from the first post.
- Connect to Content: At least 1 post must refer to course learning materials. See the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards for help with connecting to the content.
- Engaging in Class Discussions: For more information on making the most of your class dialog, review the Academic Resource on Discussion Boards.
|Assignment Criteria||Proficient Descriptor||Points|
|Quality of Main Post
|Student’s main post meets or exceeds the following requirements:
|Response to Peers
Responds to a minimum of 2 peers (8 points per response)
|Support from Learning Resources
|At least one post refers to course learning resources.||/2 pts.|
|Response is well-organized, clear, and free of grammatical and mechanical errors.
Posts demonstrate courtesy and respect for others.
|Total||40 points possible||/40 pts.|
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."