This is a lab assignment. Your report must number each section as below. You do not need formal referencing.
Part 1: Read Hostovsky (2018) and provide a 1 page historical review of how urban planning over the decades arrived at the Ontario Planning Acts Provincial Policy Statement on natural heritage and provide a quick synopsis of that policy (review only pages 85 to 95)
- Hostovsky, Charles. 2018. The relationship between green places and urban society: understanding the evolution and integration of city planning and the ecological sciences, in Planning Knowledge, Sanchez (ed.). Routledge, pp. 85-109. (in Brightspace Readings)
Part 2: Read and provide a 1 page synopsis of the Ontario – Region of Niagara EIS guidelines
Part 3: Read and provide a 2 page synopsis of Hostovsky/Quartek Group. 2014. Prudhommes Landing Environmental Impact Statement. (in Brightspace Readings). Also review and describe (in 1 paragraph each) the 2 Prudhommes drawings (in Brightspace Readings).
Part 4A: (half page) Overview the public consultation that took place for the Prudhommes Landing development site, see
Part 4B: Look through the Prudhommes Secondary Plan. In
In a half page, provide a synopsis of section: 220.127.116.11.8 CREATING AND PROTECTING GREENLANDS
Part 5: Critical Analysis (1 page)
- Closely examine Schedule A Land Use, and Schedule E2 Candidate Environmental Protection/Conservation Areas – from the Prudhommes Secondary Plan (4B).
- Closely examine the 2 maps on Brightspace Readings that Dr. Hostovsky included in his Quartek 2014 EIS Figures 2 and 8 (separate files in Brightspace) and the recommendations made in the EIS.
Based on your review of the secondary plans 2 maps and section 18.104.22.168.2.8, answer 3 questions:
- did the 2018 secondary plan follow the advice of the 2014 EIS? Why or why not?
- Did the Town of Lincoln/Niagara planners follow the 2014 EIS advice about protecting the environment? Why or why not?
- Does the Ontario Planning Acts Provincial Policy Statement on Natural Heritage appear to be working to protect habitat based on this case study? Why or why not?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."