Before completing this assessment, ensure that you have finalized your research topic template and the research matrix. Your topic should include psychological concepts and a population and should end with a literature search question. Populate the research matrix with 5-10 scholarly, empirical research sources. Completing the media pieces will enhance your understanding.
For this assessment, you will complete your annotated bibliography with 10 scholarly, empirical research sources.
Annotated bibliographies serve as an overview of the research. They help with summarizing and organizing key points from the research literature so that the role of the published research can be critically evaluated against the research topic. It is an important step prior to embarking on the literature review. A good annotated bibliography will help bridge main ideas from the research and your own independent ideas related to your research topic.
In this course, the annotated bibliography is the result of the literature search question and begins to contribute to the research question as you use it to build the literature review. Addressing each source specifically and in detail allows key aspects to emerge. Furthermore, it enables the understanding of each researcher’s point of view. A complete annotated bibliography should result in clear themes that inform the research topic.
Before beginning this assessment, be sure you have completed your Research Topic Template [DOCX] and the Research Matrix [XLSX] that includes research literature generated from your literature search question and prepared them for submission with the annotated bibliography.
This assessment consists of an annotated bibliography. However, it is important to see the pathology of your work. Developing the research topic, the literature search question, and dissecting the literature are all part of understanding how you develop your annotated bibliography.
Use the media pieces to understand the components of the annotated bibliography. Make sure to number each source. You should include 10 research sources in this assessment. Make sure to apply proper APA style and formatting. You will submit your annotated bibliography, research topic template, and research matrix, as a single submission, but separate files.
NOTE: Your assessment will be returned if the topic template and research matrix are not submitted.
Each annotation should include the citation of the source, just as you would list it in the reference list. Identify the author and make a statement related to the authors qualifications. Identify the research question. Identify the research problem that the author hoped to resolve. Identify the methods used by the author to investigate the research question. Provide a summary of the findings. Evaluate the work. You can do this by addressing the arguments that were made in the research study or discussing the value that the research study findings have for the field: how it advances the knowledge base. Finally, discuss how the study supports your research topic. Identify whether the article is chosen for its usefulness in terms of method, content, or both content and method.
To successfully complete this assessment, make sure to:
- Finalize your research topic template. Check to make sure that the template has all sections filled out and that the topic has been narrowed as much as possible. It should end with a literature search question (LSQ).
- Finalize your research matrix or literature map. At this point it should include 10 research articles. You have a choice to create a literature map as outlined in the course text or use the research matrix provided in the course resources.
- Understand the components of the annotated bibliography. Revisit the media to understand what you need to know. Make sure to include the content that has been outlined above.
Note: your literature review will require 20 sources because you will need to include theoretical research sources. You may exceed 10 sources for this assessment but you must include no fewer than 10.
The annotated bibliography assessment should contain 68 pages, including the cover page.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the course competencies through the following assessment scoring guide criteria:
- Competency 1: Determine the scientific merit of the professional literature.
- Identify and describe the research problem that the author(s) hope to resolve.
- Evaluate the research.
- Discuss how the study supports the research topic.
- Competency 2: Apply theoretical and research findings from the discipline of psychology to professional and academic activities.
- Restate the research question in the article.
- Identify the methods used to investigate the research question.
- Summarize the research findings.
- Competency 3: Apply ethical principles and standards of psychology to academic and professional activities.
- Identify the source of the article as a peer-reviewed journal article reporting research.
- Competency 5: Communicate psychological concepts effectively using the professional standards of the discipline.
- Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
- Competency 6: Communicate in a manner that is scholarly, professional, and consistent with expectations for members of the psychological professions.
- Exhibit proficiency in writing and use of APA (7th edition) style. Include a minimum of 10 scholarly research articles.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."