I’m working on a public health report and need support to help me study.
Identify one key piece of legislation that is currently making its way through a state legislative process in either California or another state. The impending legislation can also be making its way through the US Congress. In other words, the legislation has not yet passed or been enacted (active). For example, if bill is in committee or has progressed less than 100% in the process, then it is has not been passed; however, if bill has been chaptered, then it has been enacted and not eligible for this paper. California, other states and the nation all maintain websites that follow proposed bills throughout the legislative process. You are to locate one bill during the current academic year. Select a bill that has been proposed in response to a perceived public health problem.
Here is what needs to be included in the final paper. Use these headings in your paper, otherwise points will be deducted.
- Overview of the health problem: An overview of the public health problem to be addressed. How widespread is the problem? How many people are affected and how many people will be affected and by the proposed bill? (15 points)
- Severity of the health problem: Discuss the research and the background in relation to the health problem. Is there a consensus among researchers regarding its severity and how to deal with it? What would really happen if there were no intervention. Please make sure to cite all references to support the stated statistics and data. (10 points)
- Overview of the bill: This is an overview of the proposed bill in terms of its specific provisions. Try to refrain from what the promoters promise! Make sure to read the fine print and see exactly what the bill will do. Describe who the stakeholders are that are affected in any way by this bill. (10 points)
- Promises/Expected Outcomes: Who are the promoters of the bill? Describe what the promoters of the bill believe that the bill will accomplish. Make sure to discuss what specific health outcomes the promoters say will occur if the bill is passed. (10 points)
- Problems: Describe what individuals or groups are opposed to the bill and why they are opposed. Make sure to research special interest groups (professional trade associations, industry groups, etc.) to explore the types of lobbying efforts, they are undertaking. (10 points)
- Unintended Consequences: Describe what unintended consequence(s) could arise resulting from the passage of this bill. In this section, you should discuss unanticipated outcomes or results that could have a negative impact if the bill was passed. (15 points)
- Recommendation: What is your recommendation regarding this bill. Make sure to support your opinion with facts and with reference to class readings and other references. (10 points)
- Federal Legislaturehttps://www.govtrack.us/congress/bills/ (Links to an external site.)
- California Legislaturehttps://legiscan.com/CA/legislation/2019?status=introduced (Links to an external site.)Bills that are introduced or in committee are usually bills that have not been enacted. However, bills that have been chaptered are usually bills that have been enacted into law.
- Glossary of Legislative Terms
- http://www.ncsl.org/research/about-state-legislatures/glossary-of-legislative-terms.asp (Links to an external site.)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."