I’m working on a management question and need support to help me study.
Step 1: Read the instructions to understand what is required
You are responsible for reading the instructions below prior to starting the exam to understanding the requirements and expectations of completing the exam. You are expected to use the course materials to support the ideas and reasoning presented.
Step 2: Instructions
You will answer in a question-answer format (only the question number as a heading and not the scenario). For each of the following questions, prepare a response that addresses all questions asked, fully supported with concepts from the course materials including the course eBook. You are required to draw from the course materials unless indicated. All source materials must be properly cited using APA. Not using the course materials will negatively impact the grade.
Step 3: Answer the following questions using the course materials to support the reasoning.
QUESTION 1: Environmental Issues
The text, Business Ethics, Chapter 14 provides several models and frameworks for a business approach to the environment and sustainability including;
- accelerate and innovate
- monetize and count
- express corporate responsibility
Using the perspective of a business owner of a mid-size manufacturer, select the approach/approaches you would recommend for this company (mid-size manufacturer). Support the selection by explaining the approach, describing which of the five (5) environmental positions you espouse, and how the approach and positions relate to key ethical theories we have studied.
QUESTION 2: Data Security
For this question, please select one of the breaches listed in the Business Insider Biggest Hacks article, research it (beyond the Business Insider article), and prepare your response to the following questions.
Business Insider Biggest Data Hacks of 2018
- Discuss the nature of the breach in terms of WHO was harmed. Use a stakeholder orientation as we studied to evaluate the harmed.
- Define and explain the overarching ethical issues demonstrated by the data breaches. Refer to our course text to define the issues. Explain how such breaches prevail?
- Discuss the level of governance that you espouse for the industry? Be sure to support your position with information from our course learning and other well researched reliable sources.
QUESTION 3: Government Regulation
The two (2) crashes of Boeing Airlines 737 Max 8 present an opportunity for examining the interaction of regulators (Government), industry and society. The ongoing examination of the crashes include investigation of the Boeing/FAA relationship and the role of regulators including whether the airline manufacturing industry can / should self-govern. The following articles provide background information on the Boeing Airlines case.
How Did the F.A.A. Allow the Boeing 737 Max to Fly? | The New Yorker www.newyorker.com Retrieve April 17 from: https://www.newyorker.com/news/our-columnists/how-did-the-faa-allow-the-boeing-737-max-to-fly
Boeing’s Not Alone In Companies That Government Agencies Have Let Self-Regulate | NPR Heard on All Things Considered Retrieved May 20 from: https://www.npr.org/2019/04/02/709203191/boeings-not-alone-in-companies-that-government-agencies-have-let-self-regulate
For this question, you will consider the relationship of Government, Business and Society and specifically the concept of Government Regulation of Business, using the Boeing case presented as an example. SELECT A POSITION ON THE REGULATION CONTINUUM AS DEMONSTRATED BELOW.
- Define and discuss the type of regulation espoused using concepts from the eBook and examples from the case to support your recommendations. When referring to a concept, you must include the definition from the eBook to establish its meaning.
- Applying the regulation continuum selection and reasoning as a guide, answer the following specific questions.
- Explain the arguments for and against airline manufacturers being allowed to self-regulate airplanes safety testing and features? Which arguments support your position on the continuum?
- Explain the arguments for privately owned companies being allowed to lobby against safety regulations? Which arguments support your position on the continuum?
- What examples, beyond Boeing support your selection and recommendations? Be specific. This question will require research.
Step 4: Review the Exam
Read the paper to ensure all required elements are present. Use the grading rubric to ensure that you gain the most points possible for this assignment.
Proofread the paper for spelling and grammatical issues, and third person writing.
- Read the paper aloud as a first measure;
- Use the spell and grammar check in Word as a second measure.
How to Set Up the Exam
Create a Word or Rich Text Format (RTF) document that is double-spaced, 12-point font. The final product will cover all questions provided and should not exceed 5 pages in length excluding the title page and reference page. Write clearly and concisely with complete sentences and indented paragraphs.
Completing the Exam
In order to complete this exam, you will want to first read the module, Learn How to Support What You Write, as this assignment requires you to use the course material and research to support what you write. Also,
- Read and use the grading rubric while completing the exam to ensure all requirements are met that will lead to the highest possible grade.
- Third person writing is required. Third person means that there are no words such as I, me, my, we, or us (first person writing), nor is there use of you or your (second person writing). If uncertain how to write in the third person, view this link: http://www.quickanddirtytips.com/education/grammar/first-second-and-third-person.
- Contractions are not used in business writing, so do not use them.
- Paraphrase and do not use direct quotation marks. Paraphrase means you do not use more than four consecutive words from a source document. Instead put a passage from a source document into your own words and attribute the passage to the source document. Not using direct quotation marks means that there should be no passages with quotation marks and instead the source material is paraphrased as stated above. Note that a reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. You may not use more than four consecutive words from a source document, as doing so would require direct quotation marks. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
- You are expected to use the weekly course materials to develop the analysis and support the reasoning. Materials used from a source document must be cited and referenced. A reference within a reference list cannot exist without an associated in-text citation and vice versa. Changing words from a passage does not exclude the passage from having quotation marks. If more than four consecutive words are used from source documents, this material will not be included in the grade and could lead to allegations of academic dishonesty.
- Use in-text citations and provide a reference list that contains the reference associated with each in-text citation.
- The only book you may use is the course eBook. You may not use a dictionary or Wikipedia, or Encyclopedias.
- Provide the page or paragraph number in every in-text citation presented. If the eBook does not have pages, provide the chapter title and topic heading. Note that this is not an APA requirement but an Attention to Instructions requirement.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."