You are a consultant who works for the Diligent Consulting Group. In this Case, you are engaged on a consulting basis by Loving Organic Foods. In order to get a better idea of what might have motivated customers’ buying habits you are asked to analyze the factors that impact organic food expenditures. You opt to do this using linear regression analysis.
Using Excel, generate regression estimates for the following model:
Annual Amount Spent on Organic Food = α + bAge
After you have reviewed the results from the estimation, write a report to your boss that interprets the results that you obtained. Please include the following in your report:
- The regression output you generated in Excel.
- Your interpretation of the coefficient of determination (r-squared).
- Your interpretation of the coefficient estimate for the Age variable.
- Your interpretation of the statistical significance of the coefficient estimate for the Age variable.
- The regression equation with estimates substituted into the equation. (Note: Once the estimates are substituted into the regression equation, it should take a form similar to this: y = 10 +2x)
- A discussion of how this equation in item 5 above can be used to estimate annual expenditures on organic food.
- An estimate of “Annual Amount Spent on Organic Food” for the average consumer. (Note: You will need to substitute the average age into the regression equation for x, the intercept for α, and solve for y.)
Data: Download the Excel-based data file: BUS520 Module 3 Case.
Length requirements: 3–4 pages minimum (not including Cover and Reference pages). NOTE: You must submit 3–4 pages of written discussion and analysis.
Provide a brief introduction to/background of the problem, similar to the introduction/background you provided in Module 1 and 2 Case submissions.
Provide a brief discussion of linear regression analysis, including the value of using this estimation technique.
Provide a written analysis that addresses each of requirements listed under the “Case Assignment” section.
Write clearly, simply, and logically. Use double-spaced, black Verdana or Times Roman font in 12 pt. type size.
Please use keywords as headings to organize the report.
Avoid redundancy and general statements such as “All organizations exist to make a profit.” Make every sentence count.
Paraphrase the facts using your own words and ideas, employing quotes sparingly. Quotes, if absolutely necessary, should rarely exceed five words.
Upload both your written report and Excel file to the Case 3 Dropbox.
The primary resource for this module is Introductory Business Statistics by Alexander, Illowsky, and Dean.
Alexander, H., Illowsky, B., & Dean, S. (2017). Introductory Business Statistics. Openstax. Retrieved from https://openstax.org/details/books/introductory-business-statistics
For Module 3, you should read through the following material in this textbook.
Chapter 13: Linear Regression and Correlation
Sections 13.1, 13.2, 13.3 and 13.7 only
This chapter introduces correlation coefficients and linear regression analysis. Section 13.7 explains how to create regression estimates in Excel. There is also tutorial link below that explains how to use that tool. We will cover the remaining sections in Module 4.
You are now familiar with several tools in the Analysis Toolpak. Regression analysis is just another one of those tools. Please review the following tutorial for help in generating regression estimates in Excel:
PLEASE USE MORE THAN 2 REFERENCES AND PLEASE FOLLOW ATTACHED FORMAT
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."