Create a new job description for a store manager position and develop a succession plan strategy (6 pages) for those who seek a promotion into supervisory and management positions, either for FFH or within your own workplace (or an organization you are familiar with).
If you choose to base this assessment on FFH, view the FFH Organization Structure and Job Description for Succession Planning | Transcript multimedia. This interactive has information on FFH’s assistant store manager position, two assistant store managers, four shift supervisors, twelve department supervisors, and assistant department supervisors. These roles and job requirements support this assessment.
If you choose to use your own workplace (or an organization you are familiar with), conduct research to locate the necessary information.
FFH currently has 18 store managers who are over the age of 65, and most are considering retirement from the retail store chain. This presents quite the challenge in a changing economy with a global view, so there is an urgent need to create a new job description for the FHH store manager position and a succession plan strategy that addresses steps to take, policies to consider, and appropriate recommendations. If you choose to use a different organization, imagine a similar situation.
Include the following in your succession plan strategy for HR management and organizational leaders:
- Analyze steps for designing a career development plan for FFH stores or a selected organization. What specific training programs should be included for these supervisory and management positions? What external development sources would you use? What legal standards need to be considered?
- Explain what internal policies would need to be reviewed or implemented to support FFH’s or a selected organizations succession planning initiative. How would diversity planning be impacted?
- Recommend a succession plan strategy for each FFH position or a selected organizations roles/titles. FFHs positions include:
- Assistant Department Supervisor.
- Department Supervisor.
- Shift Supervisor.
- Assistant Store Manager.
Your succession plan strategy should demonstrate graduate-level writing skills through the accurate communication of thoughts that support a central idea and use of correct grammar and mechanics as expected of a human resources professional.
- References: Support your analysis with at least two academic, scholarly, or professional resources from the Capella University Library.
- Format: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and format.
- Length: Six pages, in addition to the references list.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."