Developing a Budget for the Organization Logic Models-(MiSN- Maternal Infant Services network)
The budget is the heart of a program. Without a budget, the program cannot function. In a strategic plan, the budget evolves from an understanding of the organizational mission, the available resources, voluntary or non-cost supports, potential activities, the benefits resulting from the activities, and, ultimately, objectives.
These are the key parts of a logic model that form the foundation of your budget process. The Kellogg Foundation defines a logic model as a systematic and visual way to present and share your understanding of the relationships among the resources you have to operate your program, the activities you plan, and the changes or results you hope to achieve (W. K. Kellogg Foundation, 2006).
Review the “Use Logic Models in Evaluation” Evaluation Toolkit Web page from The Pell Institute and Pathways to College Network, which describes logic models. Then, discuss how you would use a logic model to explain how and why your chosen program or organization will work with possible budgetary resources.
Your post must:
- Be at least 250 words.
- Contain a minimum of one reference with citation in APA style.
- Follow APA style guidelines.
Respond to at least one other learner regarding the use of a logical model for his or her chosen organization.
Your response must be substantive and contribute to the discussion. Compare your analysis to that of your peer and comment on the similarities and differences that you see. If there are aspects that you do not agree with, present an argument to support your position. If you need more information from your peer, be sure to ask questions for clarity.
W. K. Kellogg Foundation. (2006). Logic model development guide. Retrieved from http://www.wkkf.org/resource-directory/resource/20…
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Design a realistic budget in response to demands for capabilities, products, and services of a plan.
- Distinguish the relationship between an organizational mission and the organizations budget.
- Explain how to establish budget categories that directly respond to implementing a strategic plan.
- Develop a budget with clear content in a professional format for a chosen human services organization.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."