APA 7 Format.
Budgeting for organizations is not very different from budgeting for a single organization, though the scale may be different.
- Government organizations prepare budget requests to a legislative body. Ultimately, the budget is set by the decision of that body.
- Similarly, executives in for-profit organizations offer a budget that projects incoming revenues against expenses and desired profit to a corporate or business finance board.
- Nonprofits also develop budgets at the executive level, but in consultation with board members and key program personnel, projecting possible funding levels from grants, contracts, and services. Then, they project the expenses for carrying out the mission and the programs.
- Mixed (hybrid) organizations perform virtually the same process as organizations in the other sectors, but the budget reflects legislative or board mandates if the organization is a government/nonprofit partnership. If it is a for-profit/nonprofit partnership, then the revenue streams used to set the budget are defined by each of the partners, and then configured as a single budget.
Review the Developing a Budget document in the Strategic Planning for Human Services Professionals multimedia scatterdesk, and draw on the Internet links provided to discuss the purpose of a budget and key accepted principles for developing a budget for your chosen organization for the course project.
Your post must:
- Be at least 250 words.
- Contain a minimum of one reference with citation in APA style.
- Follow APA style guidelines.
Respond to at least one other learner regarding development of the budget for his or her chosen organization.
Your response must be substantive and contribute to the discussion. Compare your analysis to that of your peer and comment on the similarities and differences that you see. If there are aspects that you do not agree with, present an argument to support your position. If you need more information from your peer, be sure to ask questions for clarity.
This activity will help you achieve the following learning components:
- Develop a budget with clear content in a professional format for a chosen human services organization.
- Describe the sources of income for the chosen organization.
- Design a realistic budget in response to demands for capabilities, products, and services of a plan.
- Distinguish the relationship between an organizational mission and the organizations budget.
- Explain how to establish budget categories that directly respond to implementing a strategic plan.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."