Advocacy Assignment Fall 2020
The purpose of this assignment is to get you motivated and involved as an advocate for young children with special needs. You will choose one act of advocacy of your own and write a summary of your actions. Use the following format:
- Description of what you completed as an advocacy activity: setting, circumstances, audience, or target population.
- The hoped for outcome(s) of your actions:
- How your advocacy will make a difference for young children with special needs:
- Possible ways to follow up on this action in a few months:
- Personal comments or insights related to your actions:
Here are some possible ideas: (This is a very very brief list — think outside the box!)
- Speak up when you notice or are participating in a situation where you observe an action which is prejudicial or unthinking (concerning special needs or children and/or families with special needs).
- Write a letter to an elected official regarding young children with special needs (particularly meaningful in these times of budget cuts in education and services to persons with special needs).
- Find out about a virtual community meeting of a group related to children and/or families of young children with special needs.
- Contact a media source about the need to portray persons with special needs as competent and in the mainstream of life.
- Investigate inclusion policies at preschools, child care facilities, and recreation progr
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."