Exercise 2: Physical Access Security
Using Google News, (https://news.google.com) search for the term “physical security breach”. Locate three separate news articles on the search topic that were posted within the last 5 days.
To complete this exercise, please answer the following:
- For each of the three articles you selected, summarize the attack. Include the date of the attack, the type of attack, who or what was affected, as well as any reported loss of revenue or personally identifiable information (PII).
- Describe what steps are/were taken to mitigate the attack or to resolve the issue.
- Determine whether the attack was preventable in each case. Based on your experience, explain why or why not. If you feel any of the attacks were preventable, please list what steps could have been taken.
- Outline physical access security best practices and how these steps could have been used to prevent the attacks listed in the three articles.
- Provide a screen shot that includes the article’s name and the date it was published, along with a valid URL for each of the three articles.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date.
The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are:
- Examine methods that mitigate risk to an IT infrastructure with confidentiality, integrity, availability, and access controls
- Diagnose risk from unauthorized access to IT systems through proper testing and reporting.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."