Channel management includes creating a process for selling and servicing products. Channel management goes beyond just deciding how to get a product to a customer. Channel management is also an opportunity to differentiate a product in the marketplace and can be seen as a competitive strategy.
Primary Task Response: Within the Discussion Board area, write 400600 words that respond to the following questions with your thoughts, ideas, and comments. This will be the foundation for future discussions by your classmates. Be substantive and clear, and use examples to reinforce your ideas.
- Review the following article about channel management: http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/definition/channel-management
- Next, read the case study titled, Channel management and differentiation strategies: A case study from the market for fresh product, about channel management and differentiation at: http://ageconsearch.umn.edu/bitstream/7869/1/cp070038.pdf.
- Based on your customer segments and profiles, discuss the following with your colleagues:
- Define a channel management strategy for 1 of your customer groups.
- What are 2 goals of your strategy for this segment?
- Brainstorm 1 idea about how the company can support your customer segment with a customer program, such as cooperative advertising incentives, a promotion, product training, etc.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."