Read/review the following resources for this activity:
- Textbook: Chapter 12
- File (PDF): Presentation (Straubhaar, 10e) Chapter 12 (attached)
- Link (online article): Why games will be more successful in education than radio, TV, or MOOCs
- One scholarly source referenced (at minimum) in the initial post
As video games have evolved over the years, so have the ways that games are used. Going from recreational to educational, video games and gaming in general, have changed the landscape of what is considered an effective teaching method. This discussion asks you to consider the authors point of view regarding gaming and to offer your thoughts on the topic.
Initial Post Instructions
After reading the online article on games, examine the author’s perspective. Do you agree or disagree and why? Also, share any experiences you have with using gaming as an educational tool.
Secondary Post Instructions
Read and respond to posts made by at least two peers. Respond in one of the following ways:
- Ask a probing question.
- Share an insight from having read your peers post.
- Offer and support an opinion.
- Validate an idea with your own experience.
- Make a suggestion.
- In addition to one initial post, respond to at least two peers.
- Initial Post Length: minimum of 250 words
- Secondary Post Length: minimum of 200 words per post
- Using APA formatting, cite the article provided in the resources above as well as the additional scholarly source that was used in the initial post
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."