Watch the entirety of the video and write a 300-500 word reaction. That is, don’t simply recap the video, but reflect and make connections to your own life. You will be evaluated on the sophistication and depth of your response, your ability to make connections to your life, and the quality of your writing. Include a CREATIVE TITLE!
(you dont really need to watch the whole video) Just skim it. Its supposed to be the abbridged one but I couldnt find it online for free
Themes to Consider
- There’s some pretty compelling evidence presented, do you accept the argument that our gender performances are “taught” through the images and messages we consume? What was the most interesting element and why?
- Do you feel pressure from the normative gender codes? Do you see them, or do they just feel “natural” or “normal” to you?
- In what ways does this align with rhetorical ideas of performance, particularly the performance of gender identity discussed in the TEDx talk.
- I had a female advertising major react to the video this way: “Wow, we’re actually taught to pose models this way in photo shoots. I never thought twice about it or considered the implications.” What’s your reaction to this?
- How do the images in your social media feed confirm or challenge these codes?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."