- Should those accused of violent acts be subjected to preventive detention instead of bail, even though they have not been convicted of a crime? Is it fair to the victim to have the alleged attacker running around loose?
- Should criminal defendants be allowed to bargain for a reduced sentence in exchange for a guilty plea? Should the victim always be included in the plea bargaining process?
- What purpose does a grand jury or preliminary hearing serve in adjudicating felony offenses? Should one of these methods be abandoned, and if so, which one?
- Do criminal defendants enjoy too many rights a trial? Why or why not?
- Should people be denied the right to serve as jurors without explanation or cause? In other words, should the peremptory challenge be maintained?
- “In the adversary system of criminal justice, the burden of proof in a criminal trial to show that the defendant is guilty beyond a reasonable doubt is on the government.” Explain the meaning of this statement.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."