Prior to beginning work on this journal
- Read Why a Child’s Social-Emotional Skills Are so Important (Links to an external site.).
- Review the Week 4 Journal Template that you will use to complete this assignment
Chapter 7 deals with the importance of teaching social and emotional skills. According to Bierman and Erath (2006), children with challenging behaviors tend to have difficulty in the social and emotional realm (as cited in Kaiser & Sklar Rasminsky, 2017, section 7.3). In section 7.3 there is a list to why these skills are so important. For this journal, you will reflect on three effects of social and emotional skills and discuss how these effects will help children during various points within their lives.
In your journal, address the following items:
- Choose three of these effects of social and emotional skills and respond to the following questions. (You will include one paragraph for each example.)
- Name the effect (e.g., behave more appropriately).
- Explain how this effect will help the child make friends and get along with others.
- Explain how this effect will help the child academically.
- Explain how this effect will benefit the child later in life.
- Explain how you could teach this effect in the classroom.
The Week 4 Journal
- Must be one to two double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s APA Style (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate title page with the following:
- Title of paper
- Student’s name
- Course name and number
- Instructor’s name
- Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
- Must utilize academic voice. See the Academic Voice (Links to an external site.) resource for additional guidance.
- Must include an introduction and conclusion paragraph. Your introduction paragraph needs to end with a clear thesis statement that indicates the purpose of your paper.
- For assistance on writing Introductions & Conclusions (Links to an external site.) as well as Writing a Thesis Statement (Links to an external site.), refer to the Ashford Writing Center resources.
- Must reference the course text.
- The Scholarly, Peer-Reviewed, and Other Credible Sources (Links to an external site.) table offers additional guidance on appropriate source types. If you have questions about whether a specific source is appropriate for this assignment, please contact your instructor. Your instructor has the final say about the appropriateness of a specific source for a particular assignment.
- Must document any information used from sources in APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center’s Citing Within Your Paper (Links to an external site.)
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. See the Formatting Your References List (Links to an external site.) resource in the Ashford Writing Center for specifications.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."