answer the following questions on Future Autonomy using unmanned systems
- Provide a brief description of one recent (within three years) publication (book, journal, newsletter, article, magazine, pamphlet, brochure) associated with autonomous unmanned systems you feel is a good source of information for the topic.
- Evaluate a recent research work relating to autonomous unmanned systems, and provide an overview of the pros and cons of the research.
- Recommend one new area to pursue research associated with autonomous unmanned systems (identify a knowledge gap or perceived need).
- Extra credit:
- Autonomy, AI, and swarm technology. What, if any, ethical issues can you foresee with any of this type of technology, and what can be done to counteract those issues? Not just in military applications but in civilian applications as well (ex. law enforcement). Technology has opened vistas of ethical complexity we haven’t even imagined before. Unless we have the moral courage to radically restructure the relationship of ethics and technology, we risk losing our entrepreneurial edge in a tsunami of public mistrust (Kidder, 2005).
- With any advance in technology there are some ethical questions to be considered. What is the greatest good for the greatest number? Of all the things we could do, what is the right thing to do? We should act in accordance with whatever law we would like everyone else in the world to follow in relevant circumstances. The test of the rightness or wrongness of an action is to imagine yourself as the object rather than the agent of that action and consult your own feelings as to the result. Will this be fair to me wherever in the world I end up being born (Kidder, 2009)?
Recommended book: How Good People Make Tough Choices by Rushworth Kidder
no outline is needed
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."