The Stranger Final Essay Prompt
Rough Draft Due Thursday, 10/15,11:59 pm
Peer review Due Friday 10/16, 11:59 pm
Requirements for the draft
This is where you upload a copy of your rough draft. You can only turn this in before the final essay is due, other wise it will be locked. The purpose of drafting is huge! All writers need to revise their work and essays are no different. It is in the revisions process that good writing emerges. For his draft please submit at least 2 pages for full credit. You do not have to necessarily start with the introduction, but please make sure your thesis is in this draft and underline or highlight it.
Trace the development of Meursault in the novel The Stranger.
One aspect of literary analysis can focus in on the development of a character, usually the protagonist. If you are choosing this option, you will need to show evidence from the text that shows Meursault’s character traits and if he changed in the course of the novel. You will want to definitely look at the end of the novel (as well as other parts) in your analysis.
Your thesis is going to overtly state whether Meursault changed or not. For instance, “Meursault is a character who is …., yet because of …. he has changed to ….” OR “Meursault is a character who is …. and even in spite of …. he remains the same person throughout the novel.”
- In the introduction of your essay, please briefly summarize the novel in your own words..
- Your thesis statement should be the last sentence of your introduction paragraph and will reveal your overall position (please underline or highlight if you can).
- You must use quotes (or paraphrases) from the text in each paragraph but do not overly dominate the text with quotes. Be sure to use appropriate context when leading up to a quote.
- Be sure to fully discuss what you quote or what you paraphrase. Explain its meaning fully.
- In choosing the topics, you might find that the two prompts overlap, if you choose to do that it is fine, but remember that the thesis and main thrust of the essay should substantially address the topic you choose.
- Remember that this is going to be put into turnitin, so use your own original voice.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."