The poster part of the project should include, at a minimum, the following information (5 points
• Introduction and general characteristics of the disease
• Etiologic agent and its general characteristics (structure, staining characteristics etc)
• The signs and symptoms of the disease
• Why is this organism considered to be of high risk? What organ system(s) does it affect?
• Laboratory tests to absolutely confirm the identity of the disease, i.e., gram stain, spore
producer, acid-fast, O2 requirements etc. Be specific for this organism!
• Historical information to include when, who, and where the organism was isolated,
historical implications, and the significance of its name
• Transmission route(s), usual reservoirs and lifecycle.
• Treatment for the disease. Death rate without treatment. Is a vaccine available? If so,
discuss the vaccine, side effects etc. If no vaccine is available, why not? Is work being
done to develop one?
• How can the disease be prevented?
• Special susceptibility (i.e., elderly, immunocompromised, children, etc.)
• Current outbreaks/cases locally and globally (with incidence)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."