Demographic, cultural, and individual characteristics all impact how we view and participate in social interactions and how others view us and impact our identities. Our unique standpoints grant us distinct vantage points from which we perceive society and our individual places in it. One person may see a college education as a given while their classmate sees it as a rare opportunity or another classmate sees it as a risk. Several factors impact our standpoints including, but not limited to:
- Gender identity/expression
- Economic class
- Sexual orientation
- Geographic location
- Cultural or family values
Some of these factors (or others not on this list) may stronger or weaker impact on your standpoint, but all contribute in some way.
Write a 3-5 page (double spaced) reflection on your own perception of your standpoint, others’ perceptions of your standpoint, and the differences or similarities between these perceptions. In addition, address how specific aspects of your standpoint may grant you certain advantages/privileges over others, impose certain disadvantages/nonprivileges in society, and how your standpoint influences the way you feel, value, and perceive experiences and make decisions in society.
This assignment reflects the following course objectives. You will be evaluated based on your abilities to:
- Organize and communicate your thoughts clearly and effectively in a way sensitive to gender and cultural differences (OGEG 1; OGEG 5; OCGEG 4).
- Demonstrate awareness of the communication processes that impact your identity at the cultural, social, relational, performative, and individual levels (OGEG 5; CO 1; CO 2).
- Reflect on how your identity, as defined by yourself and by others, shapes your communication with similar and diverse others (CO 3; CO 4)
- Your final draft should be 3-5 pages, double spaced. No title page necessary.
- MLA or APA format. Stick with one throughout.
- You may cite the textbook or other sources. Include a references page if you do (does not contribute to page count).
- Upload as a .doc or .docx. Filename conventions: your last name + your first initial + “Standpoint Reflection”
- I’m happy to talk about any questions, challenges, or feedback at any point in your process.
- Main Goal
- Talk from my point of view a 24-year-old international student from Kuwait who study abroad in Fullerton California who lived most of his life in a conservative Muslim society but does noy identify himself as an Arab or as a Muslim and did not have the slightest trouble of blending in and making new friends and having fun in the US. Expand on that and also talk about how most people in I meet every day in California communicate with me. For an example I am used to people talking to me in Spanish, but I unfortunately dont speak, write, or understand the language. Now use the points explained above in the objective along with my personal criteria to develop a reflection standpoint. If you have a specific question about me adding new information that will help you create my criteria in this paper please ask away!
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."