Task 1- 10 points
You will need to search for a news article that relates to any of the social justice/health disparities topics that are relevant to this course. You may use an online or a print source for this project. Make sure that you include a link to the article or a scanned copy when submitting your assignment.
Please see the following page for examples of acceptable and non-acceptable sources.
Task 2- 70 points
Next, you will write a letter to the editor. Your letter can express one of the following:
- You are angry about something, and want others to know it
- You think that an issue is so important that you have to speak out
- Part of your group’s strategy is to persuade others to take a specific action
- Suggest an idea to others
- Influence public opinion
- Educate the general public on a specific matter
- Influence policy-makers or elected officials directly or indirectly
- Publicize the work of your group and attract volunteers or program participants
Task 3- 20 points
Write a brief (50-150 words), open-ended reflection of the project. Here are some ideas for what you can talk about:
- Something new that you learned from the article
- Potential bias that you found in the news article and/or news source
- Overall impression of the letter writing process (Was it easy, difficult, manageable?)
- Something else that you would like to mention
Look at the sample attached below for refernce on how the final outcome should be
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."