I’m working on a Health & Medical question and need guidance to help me study.
INSTRUCTIONS: Discussion responses should be on topic, original, and contribute to the quality of the Discussion by making frequent informed references to lesson materials and Seminars. Review the Discussion grading rubric attached. (150-200 Words each)
HI150: Automation of Health Information
Discussion Topic #1: HIPAA Breaches
In practice for your next unit assignment, please participate in the following Discussion Board:
- Review suggested web sites on possible HIPAA Security Breaches
- You may wish to start your research by reviewing the websites found under the Reading tab and Web Reading listed below.
HIPAA and Health IT resources at Health IT:
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services Privacy and Security Standards and information
- Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. 2016. Administrative simplification overview
- What kind of breaches have your discovered? From what entities?
- What kind of penalties are involved with the breaches? Do you feel they are fair? Not enough?
- Consider this discussion in the upcoming HIPAA Training presentation due in the next unit.
SC131: Human Anatomy and Physiology II
Discussion Topic #2: Secondhand Smoke
There is no doubt that smoking any form of tobacco has been linked to some form of cancer, but what about secondhand smoke? Research has indicated that secondhand smoke affects both adults and children and can result in disease and even premature death. Currently all 50 states have enacted some form of smoking legislation. Many places even prohibit smoking in all public spaces, including bars and restaurants. Smokers claim that it is their right to smoke and they should be able to do so anywhere. However, is it also their right to force others around them to be subjected to secondhand smoke?
Use your textbook readings and other reliable resources to research these topics in further detail. Then, in your main post, answer the following Discussion questions:
- List the effects of secondhand smoke inhalation in children and adults.
- Do you feel that smokers should be allowed to smoke anywhere? Why or why not?
- Should smokers be prevented from smoking in their own homes or in their cars when children or any other non-smoker is present? Why or why not?
- List any current state or local restrictions including fines that could be implemented for smoking in closed areas such as a car with a child present.
- Would you allow the use of electronic cigarettes to be used in banned locations? Why or why not?
- Are electronic cigarettes or vapes a healthier alternative? Why or why not?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."