Phase II: Organizing
(Chapter 12: Designing)
Overview: An organization’s mission and objectives are established by planning, however, managers must design an organization that is capable of achieving the desired results. To effectively pursue the HSOs/HSs mission and objectives, managers but develop intentional patterns and relationships between people and other resources. The resulting structure is called the organizational design, and the efforts and activities are the organizing function of management. Designing, or organization design is defined according to Longest and Darr (2014) as “the arrangement of responsibilities, authority, and flow of information within an organization (p.583).” How well managers carry out the designing function is critical to how well their organizations perform.
For this phase of the project complete the following:
- Identify various individual positions available in the HSO/HS (i.e. GB, CEO, PSO, LIPS, 1st Level Managers, etc)
- Identify and Describe the HSOs departments, team (workgroups); cluster of workgroups
- Identify and discuss any inter-organizational relationships (i.e. horizontal or vertical integrations, strategic alliances,
- Describe the functions and responsibilities of the various position and departments
- Span of Control
- Tall or Flat ( MY SECTION )
- Identify and describe the HSO’s/HS’s organization design. Refer Mintzberg’s Five Basic Organization Designs:
- Simple Structure
- Machine Bureaucracy
- Professional Bureaucracy
- Divisionalized Form
Be sure to identify the design accordingly to the five interrelated parts provided Mintzberg: strategic apex, operating core, middle line, technostructure, support staff.
**Remember the organization design is ubiquitous and continuous**
|Managing Health Services Organizations, 6th edition
Longest, Jr., B.B., & Darr, K.
ISBN-13: 978-1938870002 (Hardcopy) OR 978-1938870347 (e-Book)
MY SECTION IS SECON 4 ONLY WHICH I PUT IN BOLD. I ATTACHED PHASE ONE AND THE EXAM FOR PHASE TWO FOR MY QUESTION. PLEASE VIEW THEM BEFORE STARTING THIS.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."