Health Care Finance Interview Questions
Please note: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, this assignment has been modified from what appears in the course guide.Your Week 3 assignment is important because it will give you the chance to research the financial condition for a specific health care organization of your choice. Such research would often include an interview with a financial manager for the organization.Please follow these instructions to complete this assignment:
- Use Basic Search: Strayer University Online Library or another appropriate source to identify a health care organization of interest.
- Develop 10 questions that you would ask a management official responsible for the financial planning for the organization you have chosen to research for the Week 3 paper.
- Make sure the questions will prompt responses that give you insight into what the company looks for when preparing their yearly budget, their fiscal planning strategies, and how they monitor their financial condition throughout the year, and make adjustments as needed.
- By Sunday of this week, submit a draft of your interview guide for instructor feedback.
- Include the following:
- A list of all 10 questions you would ask the financial manager of the chosen organization.
- A rationale of 50–100 words for each question.
In total this assignment should be 1–2 pages in length and submitted as an MS Word file.
EXTRA CREDIT DISCUSSION!!
(PLEASE DO THE Memorandum
Reimbursement for services provided involves the clinical team as well as business office staff, including billers and coders with specific roles in processing payments. Medical billing clerks interpret medical codes and submit bills to insurance companies, patients, and other agencies for services. A medical coding specialist is part of the medical records billing department of a health care organization such as a hospital or a clinic. The coding specialist classifies diagnoses and procedures to facilitate billing and reimbursement from Medicare or health insurance companies. It is very important that each one does their job correctly. The medical coding specialist will be the focus of this discussion.
You have just been hired as the coding supervisor for Big Wheel General Hospital. You were warned before taking the job that there were some issues with the department but you decided you were up to the challenge. Your first and perhaps most important task is to review the noted problem areas and submit a memorandum to the HIMS Director, Betty Kline, identifying the top two priorities and offering strategies to address these issues.
These are the issues you have identified:
- Not coding at the highest level.
- Flawed or missing documentation.
- Lack of access to the provider.
- Failure to use current code sets.
- Under- and overcoding.
Submit a memo to Ms. Kline in which you:
- Identify the top two issues you consider the most urgent priorities to be addressed.
- Offer strategies to resolve each issue.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."