Formatting: 12pt font, double-spaced, only “Canvas approved” formats allowed (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .rtf only)
- Compile all of your answers into one document. Label each answer so it will correspond with the numbering below.
- IMAGES: While images are not required, they are highly recommended. You’d need to embed the into your Word doc as the system will only take one file.
- Answer 3 of the 7 questions below. Write roughly 2 paragraphs per answer. As the questions explain, your goal is to define a major term or concept and apply it to a specific example from the relevant film you watched. Be sure to use a different example for the final than any previous discussion work.
- Suspense Thriller: Define the concepts of “partial vision” and “protraction and concealment.” Describe specific examples of how these methods are used in the film you watched, demonstrating how both concepts create suspense in your film.
- The Musical: Define what is meant by the “uniquely cinematic qualities of the musical.” Describe an example of it from the film you watched. Explain how the filmmaker used the tools of the trade to give you a different experience of music and dance than, say, theater.
- Comedy: Explain what Belton means when he refers to the symbolic role of the “leopard” in comedy. Describe and explain one or more symbolic leopards evident in your film. Lastly, explain how the leopard is or is not contained by the film’s conclusion.
- Horror: Define what is meant by “the other” in horror films. Explain how the film you watched projected negative aspects of one group onto another, symbolically, through the film’s monster.
- Science Fiction: Briefly explain the concepts of the post-human and the uncanny in sci fi. Describe a scene or character from your film that is both the uncanny and post-human. Explain how the uncanny is used to explore the idea of the post-human.
- The Disaster Film: In your own words, explain the themes of cynicism and existential angst in the disaster film. Describe a scene in your film that expresses anxiety about what it means to be human in the face of disaster, or expresses doubt about civilization’s/humanity’s ability to face extreme challenges.
- 80s/90s Action
- Option 1: Briefly define the term “hypermasculinity” and explain how it is considered to be a response to 70s-era feminism. Describe and analyze a specific scene in your film that displays a heightened form of masculinity.
- Option 2: Briefly explain the concept of the woman warrior in action films, and consider why this character type became popularized at the same time as hypermasculinity. Describe and analyze a scene in which a woman warrior character demonstrates heightened physical strength and strategic thinking.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."