This course has introduced and assessed many noteworthy figures related tothe continuing evolution of the United States and its place within the worldduring the last 170 years. For this assignment, you will develop a PowerPointpresentation based on your Unit V Outline. The presentation should beappropriate for an audience; in other words, it needs to be thoughtfullyorganized, visually attractive, and clear in the message you are trying toconvey.
In the Unit V Outline, you chose an influential public figure working inAmerica from the mid-19th century to the present. Your selection did not haveto be an American citizen, but you were not to choose a U.S. president.
This presentation is not meant to be a biography. You should focus oncommunicating the figure’s relevance in today’s modern era and highlight howsociety remembers him or her now.
The presentation must be a minimum of 10 slides and should address theconcepts listed below.
- Introduce how your figure impacted a civil rights movement (including, butnot limited to, creed, race, age, status, or gender). Note: His orher impact may not necessarily be a positive one.
- Identify how this figure is viewed on the national and/or world stage.
- Discuss how this figure may have influenced challenges and/oropportunities for the United States as a global power (i.e., theirinternational impact).
- Provide a perspective on if this figure’s impact would have been seen asprogressive.
- The organization of the presentation should be based on the Unit VOutline. Make sure that you utilize any feedback given on your outline.
- Ideas should be grouped together and transition smoothly.
- Make use of the notes section in each slide in order to communicate yourthoughts and ideas. If you would prefer, audio voiceover can beutilized in place of slide notes.
- Include a title slide (one slide), content slides (eight slides), and areference slide (one slide).
Quality of Presentation
- Creativity and effort are highly encouraged. PowerPoint provides severaloptions for developing an exciting presentation, including options forboth audio and video components; however, customizing the method ofdelivery for the presentation is up to you.
- Use images, graphics, smart art, and backgrounds that enhance yourpresentation and make it look professional, clean, and visuallyattractive.
- Click here to view a presentation on PowerPoint best practices.A transcript for this resource can be found within the “Notes” tab tothe right of the presentation.
Citations and Formatting
- Use a minimum of two sources that can be found in the CSU Online Library.
- The American History and Life database is a good place to start, butother databases, such as Academic Search Ultimate, Films onDemand, and eBook Academic Collection, may be used as well.
- Click here to view a tutorial on how to search the AmericanHistory and Life database. Note: This tutorial uses a U.S.president as an example, but remember that a U.S.president cannot be used for this assignment.
- Additional sources are allowed, but they must be scholarly/academic innature and come from reputable sources. Wikipedia or othersimilar online encyclopedias are not reputable sources.Click here to view a resource on evaluatingwebsites to use in your research.
- All sources used must be properly cited according to APA format. Allin-text citations must have matching references listed on the referencesslide.
Librarians are available should you need assistance with your research forthis assignment. Any resource available in the CSU Online Library is availableto use in this assignment. Direct any questions pertaining to the assignmentto your professor.
The following resource(s) may help you with this assignment.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."