I’m working on a criminal justice multi-part question and need an explanation to help me understand better.
On May 25, 2020, police officer Derek Chauvin killed a civilian named George Floyd by kneeling on his neck. This occurred in the city of Minneapolis in the United States but the event took on national importance. Read this BBC news story and watch the included videos for the background on this homicide.
Additionally, you can watch the full body-camera footage of the the arrest here:
Your assignment for the ePortfolio Project is to research the case more and write a report about it applying what you have learned this semester.
Examine the events that occurred after the 911 call was received as well as the prosecutions and civil unrest that occurred after Floyds death.
Part 1: The Events and the Results
Discuss the case from the point of view of several of the stakeholders in this case: The police officers on the scene, George Floyd, the police department leadership, elected government officials, people in the neighborhood, etc.
- What role or roles were the police officers performing? Refer to Chapter 5 of the textbook for background information on this.
- Describe the approach or model of police performance used. Refer to Chapter 12 of the textbook for background information on this. )
- What tensions were the different stakeholders experiencing?
- Did the police follow correct procedure or protocol on that day?
Describe the tensions between the stakeholders ) and suggest a plan to improve the relations among them
How you would apply international best practice to this case in the US?
Part 2: Lessons for Saudi Arabia
Next, discuss policing in Saudi Arabia.
- How are police roles different here and why? Is the same model of police behavior used here? (
- Discuss how lessons learned from this case apply to police work in Saudi Arabia.
- Could models of police behavior used here be applied in the US to avoid conflict between the police and civilians?
Your report must be carefully researched with sources cited and referenced using APA style .
- Consider how you feel about the case and how your bias, if any, may affect your report.
- Collect source documents and make notes from them. You might want to share links to the sources with your colleagues in this discussion forum.
- Compile your notes into a planning tool such as an outline or mind map.
- Organize your ideas.
- Compose your report in an appropriate style for your intended audience. You should plan to write between 800 and 2000 words for this assignment.
- Submit your work by clicking on the title of this assignment
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."