INVOLVES THE BOOK- NOTES FROM THE UNDERGROUND MAN
EACH QUESTION ONLY REQUIRES 4 SENTENCES
All responses to questions in the question sets must be a minimum of four detailed sentences that include the following: 1) Topic sentence that clearly answers the question; 2) Secondary sentence(s) that elaborates, explains, or expands the topics sentence; 3) A specific example from the reading that illustrates the topic sentence; 4) Analysis sentence(s) that answers So What? Why? And How?
1. To what extent does Underground Man’s obsession with hierarchy help us understand the parallels between his relations with his “friends” and Liza?
“I say let the world go to hell so as long as I can always have my tea” (122).
2. How do you compare the Underground Man’s above quote to those protesting Covid regulations? How do either show the irrationality of individuality?
3. How does Liza’s response to Underground Man’s tantrum in chapter nine display the irrationality of her individuality?
“For we’ve reached a point where we regard real “living life” almost as labor, almost as service, and we all agree in ourselves that it’s better from a book” (129).
“We don’t even know where the living lives now, or what it is, or what it’s called! Leave us to ourselves, without a book, and we’ll immediately get confused, lost–we won’t know what to join, what to hold to, what to love and what to hate, what to respect and what to despise” (130).
4. If we replace “book” with the idea that we see life presented to us in media, and especially social media, and we sometimes try to present our lived life on social media, to what extent would we be lost in 2020 without social media as a guidebook on how to live our lives? Is this good or bad?
5. What does Underground Man mean when he claims most only live half of their lives, and that he has lived more than most? To what extent do you agree?
6. Pose an open ended question about anything from part 2, chapters 7-10 that you were curious about?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."