This is my group APA THEME:
- APA Theme: Targeting the Leading Preventable Causes of Death
- Type of program (e.g., symposium, discussion, skill-building session, conversation hour).
- Title of the program and up to two subject index terms for the program
a. Death and Dying: How does society react to those that are suicidal? (see Section X. Subject Index for Convention Program starting on page 16). Here is the Convention Program: 2016 APA Denver Convention Call For Proposals_with highlights.pdf
b. The choices are either bereavement or death and dying. I vote death and dying because we will be researching “Targeting the Leading Preventable Causes of Death”
4. Brief Introduction of the Preliminary Proposed Research. Answer the following questions:
a. Study Problem: The group is studying how to change the negative reaction of society to those that have suicide ideations or whom are suicidal. Does everyone agree that this can be our problem?
b. Research Purpose: The purpose of this symposium is to explain why changing the terminology and views of those that battle and lost the battle against suicide.
c. Select the type of research purpose: Exploration, Description, Explanation or Prediction
d. Initial Research Questions:
- What are the protocols when someone is being admitted into a psychiatric unit?
- Is suicide a result from geographical environments, social-cultural environments, neurobiology, nature, or nurture? I changed this question because we are asking about suicide and you don’t have to be depressed to end your life. With question three: we would go from psychiatric disorders as a cause to a broader topic of suicide (i.e. old age or terminal cancer).
- Any ideas of another question? We should narrow down the type of suicides we are talking about. All the other questions are about psychiatric disorders. Should countries allow assisted suicides?
- Is it more ethical to use “they died by suicide” or “they committed suicide” as descriptive language?
- How effective are suicide hotlines?
5. Select research methodology and reasoning for this methodology: Applied or basic. CDC has listed as one of the leading causes of death in 2017; https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr68/nvsr68_0…
6. Chairperson: Brandon Gonzalez, AA-T/AS-T in Psychology, California State University Northridge, email@example.com
7. Other Members of the Group:
· Katrina AA-T in Psychology, California State University Northridge,
· Sara AA-T in Psychology, Los Angeles Community College District,
· Ashley AA-T in Psychology, Los Angeles Community College District,
8. 200-word summary of each group members’ contribution. What will each group member present in the symposia, conversation hours or skills-building sessions? You can divide the responsibilities up the way you like but be sure that each group member’s participation is clear. (THIS IS WHAT I NEED TO DO)
The professor’s example: in the Symposium on Hispanics and Developmental Disabilities, each group member could be responsible for getting together the multiple participants who will present in the symposium, in essence all the possible “stakeholders.”
Martha will be responsible for coordinating the Hispanic participants with physical disabilities. Martha will locate 4-5 participants who would be willing to share their stories of dual discrimination. Martha will be sure to select males and females. The participants will also range from different age groups.
Judy will be responsible for coordinating the organization or group leaders from Hispanic focus organization like Latino Health Association, Chicano Awareness Centers and Grupo de Apoyo para Latinos con Autismo (GALA).Judy will be sure to select and secure organization leaders from a variety of different organizations.
Michael will be responsible for coordinating representation from the different Regional Centers in California. Etc….
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."