Clearly, the United States is suffering from a serious health problem.
According to Michael Moss in his article in They Say/I Say “The Extraordinary Science of Addictive Junk Food,”
The public and the food companies have known for decades now . . . that sugary, salty, fatty foods are not good for us in the quantities that we consume them. So why are the diabetes and obesity and hypertension numbers spiraling out of control? . . . What I found, over four years of research and reporting, was a conscious effort–taking place in labs and marketing meetings and grocery-store aisles–to get people hooked on foods that are convenient and inexpensive. (662).
Write a research paper on the eating habits in America and the effect of those habits on American health.
Michael Moss suggests that major food companies are actively working to get Americans “hooked on foods that are convenient and inexpensive” though they are aware that these foods are not healthy. He blames them for the health problems that are “spiraling out of control” such as diabetes, obesity, and hypertension. Is he right?
You will either agree, disagree, or partially agree with Michael Moss’s article using one of the following templates for your thesis:
- Michael Moss is mistaken because he overlooks ________________________________.
- Michael Moss’s claim that __________________________ rests upon the questionable assumption that ______________________________.
- Michael Moss is surely right about ____________________ because recent studies have shown that ________________________________.
- Michael Moss is right that ________________________, but he seems on more dubious ground when he claims that ____________________________.
- While Michael Moss is wrong when he claims that __________________________, he is right that ______________________________.
The paper should be a minimum of 2,000 words long, not counting the Works Cited page.
The paper should cite (in-text and on Works Cited page) at least five sources.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."