Module 4 – SLP
Principled Negotiation and Practical Applications
SLP Assignment Expectations
This Module’s SLP is intended to allow you to apply the process of principled negotiation in an experiential way. Using the assigned background readings, as well as some independent research of your own, apply principled negotiation to a real life, practical case. Be sure to use subheadings to show where you are responding to each required item.
- Identify an organization (without revealing proprietary information), and explain a specific conflict or issue that was negotiated using principled negotiation. Do not re-use a conflict/situation presented earlier in this course.
- How were the four points of principled negotiation used? Be as specific as you can in describing each.
- What were the defined interests of each side?
- How did the negotiation resolve? Was it successful? What changes could you recommend to improve the process?
- What was your side’s BATNA? If one was not needed because of successful resolution, what do you think a valid BATNA for your side would have been?