The Nurse as Advocate
In a Microsoft Word document of 5-6 pages formatted in APA style, you will describe the advocacy process. Whether nurses are advocating for their patients, health care, and/or policies that improve peoples lives, the advocacy processes have commonalities that transcend the subject of their advocacy. There are also differences, although these differences may be more nuanced than obvious.
Review the following chapters from your course textbook:
- Taking Action: Nurse, Educator, and Legislator: My Journey to the Delaware Senate
- Taking Action: A Nurse in the Board Room
Respond to the following questions based on your readings:
- Describe what you believe to be the drivers for each of the individual advocates.
- What factors led the individuals to become advocates?
- Discuss the challenges that each of the individuals identified in their writings.
- Analyze these drivers and challenges and compare them with your own experience to date as an advocate.
- In what ways do you believe you can expand your advocacy skills within the next five years?
On a separate references page, cite all sources using APA format. Helpful APA guides and resources are available in the South University Online Library. Below are guides that are located in the library and can be accessed and downloaded via the South University Online Citation Resources: APA Style page. The American Psychological Association website also provides detailed guidance on formatting, citations, and references at APA Style.
APA Citation Helper
APA Citations Quick Sheet
APA-Style Formatting Guidelines for a Written Essay
Basic Essay Template
Please note that the title and reference pages should not be included in the total page count of your paper.
- Name your document SU_NSG4068_W5_Project_LastName_FirstInitial.doc
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."