Pre Sim Activity:
Submit your answers using references. Paragraph and/or bullet format will be accepted.
1. Provide some risks factors for sepsis.
2. Define infection, systemic inflammatory response, sepsis, severe sepsis and septic shock.
3. Outline the steps involved in the initial assessment of a patient presenting with sepsis signs and symptoms. What assessments will you make? What findings will you see? What critical items will you assess, address and how?
4. Discuss the initial steps taken to stabilize a patient in septic shock.
5. When should invasive monitoring be used, including arterial lines and central venous pressure monitors?
Watch the 3 (three) part video:
Answer the following questions. References are not needed. Can be in paragraph or bullet format.
1. Name 2 risk factors for sepsis that the patient in the video exhibited.
2. What did the group in the videos do well?
3. What could they have done better? Did you see any mistakes or things they should have done?
4. The patient was presented in the ED to 2 nurses. Was their initial assessment appropriate? Could they have done anything else?
5. What was the patients initial lactate level? What can we learn from a single lactate level? What information can we learn from a trend in the lactate level? Is the venous lactate level comparable to an arterial sample?
6. Dr. Barker ordered antibiotics. Explain her choice of antibiotics? What organisms will these antibiotics cover? Why did she order Vancomyacin?
7. Explain why Dr. Barker ordered fluids wide open?
8. The patient declined. What two clinical findings demonstrated that?
9. When are vasopressors indicated?
10. What is your feeling on the use of E ICUs?
11. What did you learn from watching these videos?
12. What did you think of the communication in these videos? Between MD and nurses; MD/nurses to patient?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."