Choose 4 examples from the following list of 6.
Describe and analyze each artwork and connect between the artwork and the term (bolded). Cover all 12 categories (bellow the list) for each work. Write at least two-page paper on each work that you selected. Used the text book (pages are marked) and cite other sources if used. You can write your paper as a narrative style (essay) or list style (1 to 12).
List of works (Choose 4)
1. Caravaggio, The Calling of St. Matthew (page 665) – Italian Baroque
2. Artemisia, Judith and Her Maidservant with the Head of Holofernes (page 668) – Italian Baroque by a woman artist
3. Francesco Borromini, Church of San Carlo alle Quattro Fontane, Rome (page 679) – Baroque architecture.
4. Peter Paul Rubens, Marie De Medici, Queen of France, Landing in Marseilles (page 705) – Flemish Baroque
5. Jan Vermeer, Woman Holding a Balance (page 733) – Dutch Baroque
6. Francisco De Goya, The Third of May 1808, 1814 (This painting is not in the textbook. Look for other resources) – Art and Politics
Categories for evaluation:
2. Year the work was created
5. Where is it displayed or located today?
6. Short biography of the artist or architect
7. History of the work
8. Description of the work
9. Analyze the formal aspects of the work such as composition, figures/background, colors, perspective, texture, proportions etc. (whatever is relevant)
10. Analyze the message (meaning) aspects of the work: the story behind it, philosophical/literal/religious/political sources etc.
11. Are there any previous works that influence on this work? How is it similar or different?
12. What is the style of this work and why?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."