Using the text and online resources in this module, summarize any video, and respond to one of the following focused questions in at least 500 words. (Be sure to cite online sources by author or title and date as well as Web address/URL.)
Use at least one primary source quotation, in the words of the philosophers themselves, in the response to a Focused Question below.
- Describe the classical theories of society according to Confucius, Plato, and Aristotle. What are the elements of a just society according to the ancient philosophers?
- Compare and contrast the social contract theories of Hobbes and Locke. How does Rawls’ original position help insure a just society?
- Compare and contrast Rawls and Nozick on the balance of freedom and equality.
- Evaluate the main arguments that Marx and Engels advance against the economic system of capitalism. Describe their perspective of history as class struggle. Evaluate communism in both theory and practice.
- What role does gender play in creating a just society. Identify the main ideas of Susan Moller Okin in her Justice Gender and the Family. What other gender related-issues should be considered in creating a just society?
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."