Campaign photography has been around since the 1960s. The photographs presented to the public play a role (directly or indirectly) in the voters ultimate decision at the poll. The photographer or photojournalists role is to document the candidates messages as well as the candidates as individuals. Both still and video photography are used in political TV and print ads. Traditionally TV and print political ads are highly valued in battle states and can close margins between candidates. This does not seem to be the case in the 2016 presidential election.
Below are a few links related to this topic. Please browse and get a feel for the subject before you respond to my prompts. Please feel free to look up additional articles that relate to your perspective. Please post those link(s) within your response so the rest of us may check them out.
- http://www.businessinsider.com/presidential-election-photography-over-the-years-2016-9/#when-it-came-to-curating-images-for-this-show-carlson-and-the-team-cast-a-wide-net-2 (Links to an external site.)
- http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/2016-campaign-photographers-lens/ (Links to an external site.)
- http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2016/us/elections/presidential-campaign-in-pictures.html (Links to an external site.)
- http://www.ap.org/Content/Press-Release/2016/100-years-of-presidential-campaign-photography (Links to an external site.)
- https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/do-campaigns-really-change-voters-minds/2012/07/06/gJQAEljyRW_story.html?utm_term=.94a406bb9f2f (Links to an external site.)
- http://www.npr.org/sections/itsallpolitics/2015/08/19/432759311/2016-campaign-tv-ad-spending (Links to an external site.)
- : Please post your answers to my questions. At the end of your answers, paste links to the article(s) that informed your answers. Include additional links to other articles you found if applicable
- 1.Did social media trump (pardon the pun) the place of traditional TV and print advertising in the 2016 election campaign?
- 2. Would social media still produce the same result/effect if there are no visual images attached?
- 3. Will social medias effects in the 2020 election differ from the 2016 election? Why or why not.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."