Prior to beginning work on this discussion,
- Read the Sentinel Emotional Events: The Nature, Triggers, and Effects of Shame Experiences in Medical Residents
Your initial discussion post must be a minimum of 250 words. All referenced materials must include citations and references in APA format.
Using the sentinel event you created in the Week 2 Discussion, this week you will focus on the patients perspective. In your post, discuss the ramifications for the patient and patients family. Consider the following questions in developing your initial post:
- What are the needs of the patient and patients family after the occurrence?
- What are the cultural variables or social impacts on patient care?
- What, if any, are the financial implications (immediate and long-term) for the patient and patients family?
Guided Response: By the end of Day 7, review your classmates posts and respond to two of your fellow classmates. After reviewing the details shared in your classmates post, compare the patient perspective to that of the organizations risk management department and the providers standpoint. Consider the following areas in developing your response:
- Organizations reputation
- Stakeholder reaction (staff, board members, administrators, community leaders, shareholders, etc.)
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."