(You don’t need to do the voice over part as I will handle that myself)
(All information are below)
Analyze ethical and nursing informatics practice standards within the context of healthcare delivery.
You are a nursing manager of the education and innovations department at a large nonprofit academic medical center. You work at the flagship hospital and there are three additional campuses and several affiliated facilities throughout three additional states. Therefore, technology is heavily relied upon for consistent and reliable communication for interdisciplinary care. Recently, the CNO sent you a patient satisfaction survey highlighting how impressed this patient was with their nurse’s timeliness of answering their questions. The patient continued to share that the nurse used their personal cell phone to reach out to the patient’s provider to get clarification of the patient’s discharge instructions. The patient loved their quick response and wanted to highlight this as a best practice for all healthcare professionals.
You have just completed a technology usage assessment of the healthcare staff across departments and it has come to your attention that several nurses occasionally communicate with medical providers through text on their personal cell phones, using their phone’s messaging service. The nurses found that they are able to meet their patient needs more quickly. Your assessment also discovered that a nurse used their personal cell phone to take a picture of a patient’s foot ulcer. The picture was posted on social media as a reminder to diabetics the importance of managing their blood sugars. As the nursing education manager, it is your responsibility to ensure staff are following the hospital polices and your technology assessment has highlighted that the staff is in urgent need of HIPAA training and Smart Phone use.
Use the scenario above to create a mandatory training for all staff using PowerPoint with voice over including the following:
- Examine personal Smart Phone use and its implications in Healthcare
- Identify and explain a minimum of 3 unethical uses of Smartphones in healthcare (including text messaging and pictures)
- Discuss potential benefits to appropriate Smartphone use in healthcare
- Examine judicious use of Social Media and its implications in Healthcare
- Potential benefits to appropriate use of Social Media in healthcare
- Identify a minimum of 3 unethical uses of Social Media (as reviewed by NCSBN)
- Describe regulatory bodies and Ethical Frameworks used to protect Personal Health Information (PHI)
- Investigate the role of HIPAA, HITECH, and Nursing Code of Ethics
- Present possible legal consequences associated with unethical or illegal Smart Phone and Social Media use.
- Thorough description of personal Smart Phone use and its implications in Healthcare, including: explanation on at least 3 unethical uses of Smartphones in healthcare; and discussing benefits to appropriate Smartphone use in healthcare.Thorough explanation of judicious uses of Social Media and its implications in Healthcare, including: Potential benefits to appropriate use of Social Media in healthcare and Identifying a minimum of 3 unethical uses of Social Media.
- Thorough description of regulatory bodies and Ethical Frameworks used to protect Personal Health Information (PHI), including identifying the role of HIPAA, HITECH, and Nursing Code of Ethics and discussing the legal consequences associated with unethical or illegal Smart Phone and Social Media use.
- Do not use 1st person in scholarly writing. Use 3rd person only. APA format. Formal style reflected throughout the document, including no spelling, grammar, or APA format errors present. Adequate references with appropriate in text citation. Please do this assignment using only research published within the past 5 years. Plagiarism free
Please provide multiple in text citation, 10-12 slides. You don’t need to do the voice over just the power point
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."