Review the following early childhood preschool schedule without planned time for transitions. Consider how and where planned transition activities can be added to create continuity throughout the day.
7:30 – Children arrive, manipulatives, and table activities
8:00 – Handwashing, Breakfast
8:30 – Large Group Learning/Circle Time
9:00 – Centers/Free Play
9:45 – Bathroom, handwashing
10:00 – Outdoor play
10:45 – Bathroom, handwashing
11:00 – Lunch
11:30 – Stories
12:00 – Rest
Consider the importance of transitions. Determine three areas where a transition is needed in the schedule. Be sure the transition activities are appropriate for children ages 3 years to 5 years. Include three different types of transitions, such as:
- Start to sing a song
- Prepare the environment
- Catch the childrens attention
- Excuse the children according to a specific characteristic
In 2-3 pages in a Word document, discuss the following:
- The general importance of planned transitions
- Descriptions of the added transitions
- The rationale for the added transitions
- Information about Developmentally Appropriate Practice and child development related to transitions
Incorporate at least two credible sources to support your insights and opinions. Use in-text citations where appropriate. Include an APA formatted title page and a reference page. Be sure to proofread your work for grammar, spelling, and punctuation on all documents.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."