this discussion should be around a 100 – 200 words only
The Institute of Criminology and Criminal Justice (ICCJ) at Carleton University has a strong orientation toward critical criminology. Their recent decision to support anti-racist and anti-colonialist efforts by ending all student placement positions with police and prison authorities has created discussion and debate within the discipline.
After reading about the decision and the debate, write about the subject of offering placements within police and prison organizations to criminology students.
- ICCJ’s Statement and Decision
- Dr. Kevin Haggerty’s (University of Alberta) Response
- Dr. Justin Piché’s (University of Ottawa) Response
- ICCJ Response
- Dr. Jeffrey Monaghan’s (Carleton University) Explanation: https://www.cbc.ca/player/play/1775070275700
- By Eliminating Study Criminology Placements, What Was Carleton Thinking (Ottawa Citizen): https://ottawacitizen.com/opinion/todays-letters-by-eliminating-student-criminology-placements-what-was-carleton-thinking
- Carleton criminology school ends student placements with police over racism failures (Canada Press): https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/carleton-criminology-school-ends-student-placements-with-police-over-racism-failures-1.5062330
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."