Select a Saudi Arabian company with which you are familiar and reinforce the approach to resource and capability analysis by appraising the strategic worth of key resources and capabilities using Barneys VRIO (Valuable, Rare, Imitable, Organization) Framework (See Strategy Capsule 5.6).
- Identify three key resources and/or capabilities of the company.
- Vet each of the three against the VRIO (Valuable, Rare, Imitable, Organization) Framework.
- Explain each resource/capabilitys score given the VRIO rubric.For instance, does the resource/capability impart sufficient value, isthe resource/capability rare, etc.
- What is the likely competitive outcome for eachresource/capability? That is, given its VRIO score is it likely toimpart a sustainable competitive advantage, a temporary competitiveadvantage, competitive parity, or competitive disadvantage?
- Make recommendations to the firms management as to which of theresources/capabilities you have identified should be invested (builtup), divested and/or which additional resources should be acquired tosupplement/leverage existing resources/capabilities.
- In your response to student posts, focus on the viability of thesuggestions made by other students: To which degree do these suggestionsmake sense regarding the possibility of gaining a sustainablecompetitive advantage?
Embed course material concepts, principles, and theories (require supporting citations) in your initial response along with at least one scholarly, peer-reviewed journal article.Keep in mind that these scholarly references can be found in the SaudiDigital Library by conducting an advanced search specific to scholarlyreferences. Use Saudi Electronic University academic writing standardsand APA style guidelines.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."