I’m trying to study for my Biology course and I need some help to understand this question.
Assignment 1: The Annotated Bibliography
Objective: Assess sources for your research for your final presentation(for credibility, reliability, and relevance) and list references inproper APA format. That means the sources you use for this assignmentshould be directly related to the species that you chose in Forum 1 ofthe class. My topic is BLACK RHINO https://www.worldwildlife.org/species/black-rhino
Assignment Instructions: The ResearchProject/Presentation for this class is divided into three majorAssignments, 1) annotated bibliography, 2) outline and 3) finalpresentation. The first part is the annotated bibliography. Anannotation is a summary and evaluation, and your annotated bibliographywill include a summary and evaluation of some of the sources (orreferences) you will use for your presentation.
To prepare for this assignment, I recommend that you do the following:
- Read these directions carefully.
- Review the sample annotated bibliography provided to you below.
- Read the grading criteriabelow. The grading criteria is a detailed evaluation that I will use toassess your performance. It will also help you understand what isexpected of you as you prepare your assignment.
- Message me with any questions!
The reason the annotated bibliography is included as part of theresearch project is that writing an annotated bibliography is importantin that it provides excellent preparation for the final presentation.One of the issues regarding any type of research, especially in biology,is the credibility of the sources used, particularly those obtainedfrom various websites. By forcing you to evaluate each of your potentialsources carefully, the annotated bibliography helps you determine if infact the source you chose is credible and helps you determine howrelevant it is to your topic and understand the topic better which willhelp you develop your presentation.
For this project, you will assess three sources to include:
1) a complete citation for each source,
2) a summary of each source, and
3) an evaluation of each source.
Three sources are required for this assignment (i.e., you are to write an annotation for each source). However, you must use five or more sources in your final presentation.
Use this TEMPLATE to summarize and evaluate each of your three sources.
Written in APA reference list format. For more help with formatting, see APA handout.
What is the purpose of the source, review article, original research?What topics are covered? This section is generally 4-6 sentences thatsummarize the author’s main point. For more help, see this link on paraphrasing sources.
After summarizing the article (or research paper or book), it isnecessary to evaluate it and state where you found it – its source(e.g., journal, website, etc.). Briefly answer the following questionsin 4-6 sentences:
What is the format or type of source (e.g., peer-reviewed journalpaper, website, book)? How reliable is the information in the article,and how credible is the source (e.g., website’s sponsoring organization,journal or book publisher) and the author(s)?
For more help, see this handout on evaluating resources.
- Sample Annotated Bibliography
- Also, please see the resources below at The Owl at Purdue site formore information on how to write an annotated bibliography as well asother pages on the site to assist you with the other parts of theresearch paper:
Evaluation: Please review the Annotated Bibliography Grading Criteria that describes how your annotated bibliography will be graded.
- You must submit your Annotated Bibliography as a “Microsoft Word” document using the template provided (rather than a Word Pad, Works, etc. document) AND title your file name as FirstnameLastname_SCIN130_Assg1.doc. Otherwise, you will not receive credit for your assignment.
- Upload your assignment for grading by clicking on the “Add Attachment” button at the bottom of the page.
- The new screen will prompt you to click the “Browse” button so you can locate the MS Word document of your Annotated Bibliography on your computer.
- Find the file and double-click on it.
- Click “Continue“.
- Double check to ensure that your annotated bibliography was successfully uploaded as an attachment.
- When you have completed this assignment, type “Completed” in the rich text editor box below.
- Check the “Honor Pledge: I have neither given nor received aid on this assignment.” checkbox.
- Click the “Submit” button.
- Your annotated bibliography is automatically submitted to Turnitin with your submission:
Papers will be automatically added to and checked against thestandard Turnitin repositories. Originality reports will be returned tothe faculty and student in roughly 15 minutes of the submission.Multiple submissions are allowed before the due date. If you wish tolearn more about and how to access Turnitin.com, a plagiarism detectionwebsite, these are available from the APUS Online Library. APUS Writing Center.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."