I’m working on a social science writing question and need a sample draft to help me study.
You need to pick one of the following books
Hillbilly Elegy: A Memoir of a Family and Culture in Crisis – J. D. Vance (2018)
- Born a Crime – Trevor Noah (2016)
- White Fragility: Why It’s so Hard for White People to Talk About Racism – Robin DiAngelo (2018)
- The Best of Enemies – Osha Gray Davidson (2019)
- Dear America: Notes of an Undocumented Citizen – Jose Antonio Vargas (2018)
- American Fire: Love, Arson, and Life in a Vanishing Land – Monica Hesse (2017)
- Tears We Cannot Stop: A Sermon to White America – Michael Eric Dyson (2017)
- Writing My Wrongs: Life, Death, and Redemption in an American Prison – Shaka Senghor (2016)
- Parkland: Birth of a Movement – Dave Cullen (2019)
- The New Jim Crow – Michelle Alexander (2012)
- Pricing Beauty: The Making of a Fashion Model – Ashley Mears (2011)
- The Hippest Trip in America: Soul Train and the Evolution of Culture & Style – Nelson George (2014)
- Adnan’s Story: The Search for Truth and Justice After Serial – Rabia Chaudry (2016)
In a short paper of 800 to 1000 words, address the following question; make sure to have a clear introduction and conclusion to your paper, as well. The introduction should state what your paper is going to do and what its main ideas are; your conclusion should review the papers main ideas.
1) What is the intention in presenting this book?
- In other words, what is the book explaining, interpreting, or describing? Here, briefly discuss what material the book covered – again, remember that this is a book review, not a report; dont waste all your words summarizing the book, but do include enough information to convince me that you actually read most of the book
- What is the big question or questions from this book?
2) How is the book presented and what information does it contain?
- How is it organized, and how does the discussion in the book proceed?
- What information does the book include to back up its points? In other words, how do you know that what is presented in the book is accurate?
- What are two key concepts included in the book that overlap with key concepts from the class? Do the book and class materials agree on these concepts, or disagree?
- Is this organization and presentation ultimately effective?
3) Does the book succeed in answering the questions posed in the book?
- Are they worthwhile questions, and are they answered to your satisfaction? Why or why not?
- What, if anything, was ignored by the book that should have been included to make it more persuasive or readable?
Youre going to want at least three paragraphs, one for each set of questions, and a clear introduction and conclusion on the paper.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."