Term Paper: Digital Forensic Cases
You have been asked to conduct research on a past forensic case to analyze how digital data was used to solve the case. Choose one of the following digital forensic cases:
- U.S. v. Doe (1983).
- Doe v. U.S. (1988).
- People v. Sanchez (1994).
- Michelle Catherine Theer (2000).
- Scott Tyree (2002).
- Dennis Rader (2005).
- Corey Beantee Melton (2005).
- James Kent (2007).
- Brad Cooper (2008).
Use the Stayer University Library and/or the Internet to search for the case notes and reports.
Write a 68 page term paper in which you analyze how digital data was used to solve your selected case. Specifically, you are to:
- Summarize the case, pertinent actors, evidence, and facts.
- Outline the specific digital evidence used in the case.
- Describe the procedures and tools used to acquire potential evidence.
- Describe the obstacles faced in the investigation.
- Provide links to two modern tools that could have assisted with the collection of evidence.
- Integrate into the assignment at least five quality professional and/or academic resources, written within the past five years.
- Note: Wikipedia and similar websites do not qualify as quality resources.
This course requires the use of Strayer Writing Standards. For assistance and information, please refer to the Strayer Writing Standards link in the left-hand menu of your course. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Note the following:
- The preferred method is for your paper to be typed, double-spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides.
- Include a cover page containing the assignment title, your name, your professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page is not included in the required page length.
- Include a source list page. Citations and references must follow SWS format. The source list page is not included in the required page length.
The specific course learning outcome associated with this assignment is:
- Research the role of digital forensics in solving investigations.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."