- After completing the readings for this week:
Post a reading response of a minimum 250 words exploring one (or more) of the prompts posted below. Please feel free to incorporate your own opinion and observations in your discussion!
When necessary, use and example from the reading, include page number/quote/image
Created by Reading Presentation Group 2, Pick one of these topics for your response:
- Can a curator make an exhibit without their perspective influencing it?
- Must art exist only for arts sake or can it have utilitarian value?
- Is postcolonial contemporary art breaking away from modern tradition?
- What methods should be employed to generate more objective critique and exhibition of modern art?
- Enwezor describes the paradox of modern art and globalism. What are the ramifications of this, and how can it be escaped?
- What are some examples, not mentioned in the text, of the changes in art production and reception related to imperialism? How are these methods changing with the rise of post-imperialist discourse?
- After you have done so, you must also POST TWO 100 word minimum response to a classmate’s observations by hitting “reply” to their post. Your response post should elaborate on their comments, you may have a questions, be curious about their viewpoint, agree or disagree. Be respectful and courteous, but don’t be afraid to ask questions! Try to reply to a response that seems lonely. Then join other thread if you are interested.
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."