Assume that you are the HR manager in a medium-sized hospital. One of the managers in the Radiology department has come to you for advice on selecting the best candidate for a position. The situation as described to you:
- Both candidates are equally technically qualified for the position.
- Both candidates are willing to work the shifts expected of this position.
- One has a bachelors degree, one has an associates degree, both degrees are relevant to the education needed for this position.
- One candidate is male, one is female. The position requires that more female procedures are performed than male procedures.
- The male applicant is a single dad, the female has a stay-at-home husband.
- The pay scale for this position is about average, although there is a nearby hospital that is paying more for the same job.
- One candidate has lived here since childhood, one just moved here from a bigger city.
Based on this information, prepare a memo to the hiring manager with your recommendation. Include:
- What additional information do you need to know in order to make the best recommendation to the hiring manager?
- Suggestions on how to overcome the pay disparity issue if it is brought up by one or both applicants.
- Counsel on what information provided should not be used in making the decision and why.
- If the hiring manager can use cultural fit to help decide.
- How the manager should make the ultimate decision.
Length: 5 pages, not including the title and reference page
References: Include a minimum of 4 scholarly resources
"Place your order now for a similar assignment and have exceptional work written by our team of experts, guaranteeing you A results."